Thursday, February 12, 2009

Applications now being accepted for Full-Time position…Inquire within.

V-day is just around the corner and applications are now being accepted for the Full-Time Position of: “President of MY World, i.e., the man that I can hold hands with for the rest of my life. The person I can grow old with and experience the many wonders this world has to offer.” WOW, that sure appears to be a full-time job alright!

Now-a-days, it seem like there needs to be a two to three page questionnaire filled out before getting into a relationship! The long list of questions and answers are critical to ensuring you will have a measly mediocre relationship. I recently finished the book "Falling in Love for All the Right Reasons." This book, based on e-harmony.com, offers 29 "dimensions of compatibility" to consider before committing to a romantic relationship and it asks what seems like HUNREDS of questions to be able to find your soul mate. OMG!? Check out some of the questions/topics every day people consider when looking for a prospective partner (not in any particular order):
* Health record
* Criminal history
* Credit check (Financial history and outlook)
* Education
* Previous relationship drama?
* Children...(previous relationships)?
* Do you want to have children in the future (If so, how many?)
* Any crazy people in your lineage?
* How easily can I blend in at your family gatherings?
* How do you treat your parents/siblings?
* How frivolous are you?
* Have you ever been intimately involved with someone of the same sex (see Down Low Men posting)?
* Are your hobbies similar to mine?
* Dancing skills?
* Cooking skills?
* Kissing / Cuddling / Making me feel loved skills?
* Love-making skills?
* Adaptability (Can I change/mold you)?
* How willing to change/grow are you?
* How much debt do you have (that I may have to take on when we become one)?
* Do you want to get married (If so, when?)?
* How many girl/guy friends do you have on facebook / myspace / myworkoutspot.com / hi5 / etc?
* Do you flirt with other people online or do others flirt with you?
* Political stance?
* Religious beliefs?
* Can we make decent looking children together?
* Do I like how your last name sounds after my first name?
* Whether or not you can get along well with my friends and vice versa?
* How cheap are you?
* How many languages do you speak?
* How well you treat the elderly / homeless / strangers / children, etc.?
* Whether or not I like your walk?
* Swagger status?
* How humble you are?
* How wild you are in bed
* How likely you are to cheat - have you cheated in the past?
* How you handle conflict (in or outside of the relationship)?
* Music preference?
* Ambition/drive in life?
* Job/no job?...what kind of job?

Geez!! This SHORT list came to mind on my bus ride to work...and I only stopped because my fingers were hurting. Either way, you get the point; the list can go on forever. How can one possible cover all of these issues that basically determine the longevity of their relationship?

What are the most important factors in deciding who YOU want to be involved with? Do any of the items listed above even matter if it’s only a fling? What if this ‘fling’ ends up getting (you) pregnant or giving you a disease? What if you don’t ask the questions and this significant other turns out to be someone you fall deeply in love with...but then…all of the skeletons come out of the closet? Is it better to know these things up front or to find out later on?

V-Day Heart

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol - This is awesome Y!

Anonymous said...

Dayyyemmm I thought the CIA did Extensive background checks...but I stand corrected...lol

Anonymous said...

wow! couldn't have said it better myself homie. I must agree with soooo many things on that list!!! as stupid as it may seem I actually thought, omg his last name sucks. I don't want to have that last name. I have also dumped guys for not knowing how to dance. social skills are critical. you don't want to be with a man or woman who cannot act properly in front of people or can't dance or speak properly. I also consider what our children would look like and I have def asked soooo many of those ques before. I wouldnt waste my time with a guy who doesn't ever wanna get married or have kids etc. I def ask the same and even more ques you do before I start a relationship. Those are my thoughts!!!! Great post!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I don't see "whats your social security number?" on here. That was the only one missing. I agree with a lot of these though.

Anonymous said...

Oh thats at the bottom of the form where you sign, put ur SS# and get it notarized..lol

Anonymous said...

Yomaris.. i've very disappointed.. u missed one extremely important question... im surprised you left this one out...
"Is ur mother a wack job?" "Will she make my life a living hell?"

Anonymous said...

Lmao!!!!! Hahahahahahahaha

Free Hearts and Minds said...

lmaooo. que loca. you are completely correct. There are sooooo many I forgot...or just couldn't type. My fingers weren't working as fast as my brain. I guess we can put that one under the "Any crazy people in your lineage?" category lmao.

Let me know if you need someone to talk to about your mother in law lol :-)

Anonymous said...

oh no no.. nothing like that...

Anonymous said...

Y<--hey, hey...easy with the hitting "30" comments...okay...lol

Free Hearts and Minds said...

lol Sorry Tuti!!! I guess it's hitting home for a lot of us :-(

Anonymous said...

Ok so I know I am late, but I must say, that was EXECELLENT!!!