Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Beauty of Birth & A Mother's Love

A couple of days ago, my family was blessed with the birth of a healthy baby boy; my sister had her second child. As with the birth of my sister’s daughter, my mother was in the room coaching her valiant daughter through the entire process. She would not leave her side and made sure my sister was safe and that her child would come into this world safely as well. My mother later told me about the tears of joy that streamed from my sisters eyes when she finally saw the little angel she molded inside of her. The rush of various emotions my sister must have felt; only a mother can experience. The looks she gave her new born son will continue for her lifetime, as only a mother can give. The love she will have for him from now until eternity, only a mother express. May God bless her and her children with all of the love, joy, success, health and prosperity, this world has to offer.

It amazes me how much pain and suffering a woman can endure throughout the gestation period, yet when she finally holds her baby up high, only happiness she conveys. No matter how many times a child yells at his/her mother, does not listen to her wise counsel, or mistreats her in any way, a good mother continues to care for, love and support the creature she held in her womb for restless months on end. The love a mother has for her child, no one will ever experience unless they too are blessed with a child.

How could we ever repay our mothers for the hard work they have and continue to put forth? How could we show appreciation, love and gratitude and humble ourselves when our mothers speak to us...even if we think they are incorrect? We should know that they will be right in the long-run! Why do we only dedicate one special day to Mothers when they are such important people in EVERYONE'S lives?

I wish I could thoroughly express the love and affection I have in my heart, mind, and soul, for my mother. Tears rush down my face as I write this thinking about the times I have mistreated her, knowing that she is truly the most important person in my life, and that she deserves nothing but the best. I hope and trust that when I am ready to have my children, my mother will be by my side, coaching me, guiding me, sheltering me with her magical wings from all harm. She has been a blessing to me my entire life thus far, has made me who I am today and will continue impacting the person I am destined to become. There are simply no words that can express what I feel inside for this woman that only wants the absolute best for my siblings and me. I love my mother with all my heart and soul and I hope and trust that I can one day express the same love she has for me, to my children.

My mother is amazing.
My mother is a fighter.
My mother is intelligent.
She is generous and kind.
She is strong.
She is wise.
She is beautiful beyond measure.

Thank you mom for making me who I am.
Thank you mommy for putting up with my nonsense, my arguments, my stubbornness and attitude.
Thank you mama for believing in me and for helping me prepare for the future.
Thank you mamita for taking me out of some tight spots even though you warned me about getting into them in the first place.
Thank you my Creator, my Queen, my All, for everything that was, is and ever will be part of my life as you have made it all possible.
I love you now and forever.

Boyz II Men - A Song For Mama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W75O-x2C3s

Kanye West: "Hey Mama"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf0Xx4TMxCM

6 comments:

Sujeiry said...

This was really touching. You made my eyes water a little! Lol. We will definitely talk soon...

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!
THAT HIT THE SPOT!!!!!

COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!

MADE ME CRY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww thats y I love and appreciate Mommy, she is my Hero....I love you guys...

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much I cried when both my babies were born, its such an intense feeling you just cant hold in.. I cant wait till you both feel it ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your entire family. A true blessing, for real.

Anonymous said...

congrts for the baby... wish u all the best