Monday, September 27, 2010

What does a poke mean to you?

What does a poke mean to you?

Does it mean:
"Hey, haven't seen/spoken to you in a while, just wanted to say hi!" or
"Remember me?! I'm alive!" or
"Come look at my pics and write on my wall please!!" or
";) You're kinda cute." or
"Hey mamacita, here's a virtual poke, but wait til I see you in person ;o)" or
"You didn't respond to my texts, voice messages and/or inboxes, so this is yet another reminder to write back!!"
or ... ?

Does it depend who you poke? Do you usually poke people of the opposite sex? Only people you are attracted to? Only friends or family members? Do guys usually poke other guys?

Is it just me or does this poking business have a sexual undertone?

How do you respond to a poke by someone you barely know? Do you poke back? Do you write them a private message? or a public message on their wall? Do you call them out by writing..."Hey, thanks for the POKE! Hope all is well!" What if you are in a relationship, should you poke single people of the opposite sex? Is that crossing the line? Should you tell your significant other that you are poking people online?

What is this poking thing really all about?







No comments: