Thursday, September 9, 2010

Only Girl (in the World)

Imagine for a couple of seconds the following:
* Your significant other only expresses love and affection behind closed doors.
* When you are out in public, it seems like you are not in a relationship (no PDA, no pictures can be taken, etc).
* On facebook - what could be a relationship killer - every man, woman and child, east coast, west coast and world wide, is poking them, writing on their pictures with that annoying flirtatious winky face ;) and they are letting it happen (even better yet, they may be feeding into it by writing back), essentially showing others that this sort of behavior is okay...that the door is open.

How would that make you feel? Wouldn't you feel like you are not the only one in their world? That you are not the only one they'll ever love? That they may be sharing their heart with another/others?

The chorus of Rihanna's new single entitled "Only Girl" (below) says:
"Want you to make me feel like I’m the only girl in the world
Like I’m the only one that you’ll ever love
Like I’m the only one who knows your heart"

Attention, love, affection, showing your lady off as your pride and joy, these are all things that help women feel secure in a relationship. Men want to know that the woman by their side is proud when they walk arm in arm. So, essentially, we want the same things. Whether it's behind closed doors, or out and about, we want to feel security and love in our relationship. We want to know that our man is not turning around to see the next chic (or man for that matter) walking past. We want to know that he is turning other women down...even the perritas who insist that it is okay to cheat. Normal women want security, fidelity, love and open, honest communication (and those things I wrote above...and maybe help around the house...and help with the children's homework every now and again and ...)… alright, alright, we mayyyy seem demanding sometimes, but aren't those some of the basic fundamental building blocks of true, loving relationships?


Video

Download: http://www.gwizmusik.com


ONLY GIRL
By: Rihanna

[VERSE 1]
I want you to love me, like I’m a hot pie
Keep thinkin’ of me, doin’ what you like
So boy forget about the world cuz it’s gon’ be me and you tonight
I wanna make your bed for ya, then imma make you swallow your pride

[CHORUS 1]
Want you to make me feel like I’m the only girl in the world
Like I’m the only one that you’ll ever love
Like I’m the only one who knows your heart
Only girl in the world…

[CHORUS 2]
Like I’m the only one that’s in command
Cuz I’m the only one who understands how to make you feel like a man

(CHORUS 1)

[VERSE 2]
Want you to take me, like a thief in the night
Hold me like a pillow, make me feel right
Baby I’ll tell you all my secrets that I’m keepin’, you can come inside
And when you enter, you ain’t leavin’, be my prisoner for the night

(CHORUS 1)

[BRIDGE x2]
Take me for a ride
Oh baby, take me high, high
Let me make you first
Oh make it last all night

(CHORUS 1, CHORUS 2)

Only girl in the world, girl in the world (x2)

No comments: