Saturday, November 29, 2008

Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)

"I'm so confused. Does he only want me now because he can't have me?" -Carrie Bradshaw {Sex and The City, Season 3, Episode 41 “Running with Scissors”}

This quote exemplifies what many women think when they see themselves finally moving on after being dumped by an Ex. After breaking up with his lady, he sees that she has moved on and all of a sudden he wants to be back in the picture. He will come back when he misses what they had, when he gets a taste of what is out there, when he realizes that he had it good when he was with her, that he could have dealt with her issues and that every relationship basically flows the same way. He will come back when he knows he was in fact in love. He will realize that he wants to settle down because hopping around may not be as fulfilling as a steady relationship in the long run. He may notice that all of his memories are fleeting and that he cannot discuss his life experiences or reminisce with someone about special moments in his past because they were all with different women.

Beyonce's hit single "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it)" tells single ladies to raise their hands and celebrate their new found freedom. She also clearly states that men should start to realize what they have before someone else comes into the picture and scoops up their prized posession. They need to realize that a good lady is hard to find. Some men find it difficult to commit until their timing is perfectly right so although they may have found "the right one," they are willing to let her go until they are done playing the field. A young lady by the name of C. Moore had the perfect interpretation of this song, she stated that: “She's (Beyonce) talking about the sense of entitlement that some men think they have with a women who they don't want to fully commit to. So a guy is with a chick, doesn't want to marry her, but then again doesn't want to lose her to someone who is actually ready to commit on that level.”

Beyonce - "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)" OFFICIAL VIDEO


http://videos.onsmash.com/v/sMccqAndPVHE1Qpv

The KEY lyrics to Miss B’s song:

You decided to dip (dip), but now you want to trip (trip)
Cause another brother noticed me
Cause I cried my tears (tears), for three good years (years)
You can't be mad at me

I can care less what you think
I need no permission
Cause you had your turn (turn)
But now you gon' learn
What it really feels like to Miss B

Don't treat me to these things of this world
I'm not that kind of girl
Your love is what I prefer, what I deserve
Here's a man that makes me then takes me
And delivers me to a destiny, to infinity and beyond
Pull me into your arms
Say I'm the one you want
If you don't, you'll be alone
And like a ghost, I'll be gone

Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it

No comments: