Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What is a Soul Mate?

"People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that's holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then they leave. And thank god for it. (Their purpose is to) shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light could get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you (have) to transform your life then introduce you to your spiritual master and beat it." Richard from Texas {Page 149-"Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert}

Do you think you met your soul mate? Do you think you are ready to meet your soul mate? Do you want to meet them if they are meant to just "drive-by" your life?

2 comments:

K Storm said...

This is very scary to think about. If the person I'm with now isn't my soulmate, but allows me to grow and learn so that when I do meet him then hopefully that relationship will work, then I think Im ready. But I think every relationship (serious relationship) prepares us to meet our SOUL MATE.If its meant to be, then you will end up with the ONE.....

Scary thought....leaving it to faith :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with storm. . .it is a scary thought. I believe I'm with my soul mate and every day is a struggle. Things could always be easier with someone else but I could never be happier. Just like in the quote, this person makes me want to be better and I do the same for him. . .why would any one ever want to let that go? I honestly can't agree that a soul mate should be temporary. . .