Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Ripple Effect

“A painter, with a life entirely different from mine threw a pebble into the water. Small circles appeared where the pebble fell, which grew and grew until they touched a duck that happened to be passing and which had nothing to do with the pebble. Instead of being afraid of that unexpected wave, he decided to play with it.”

“Eleven Minutes” by Paulo Coelho. Pages 111-112.


It’s interesting and quite amazing how things, events, moments occur in our lives. Everything seems so random, but I believe everything happens for a deeper reason. People, in particular come into our lives at either the perfect moment, or the most inopportune time…or so we think. The ripple effect that they have in our lives is tremendous. It’s important to note how long of a ripple effect they have. How big is that wave they bring about? What do you do once someone has been introduced into your life? Do you “take pleasure in that sudden ripple that set the water rocking?” Or did the ripple start so far away that it has become so insignificant that it does not matter to you and you let them go? How does one decide whom to keep close at bay and who should not be part of their life story? Is it an unexplainable, unquestionable attraction that we are born with? I think about my close friends and family, the lost love, the passers-by and I instinctively, undoubtedly know who has caused the great big waves in my world and who was not meant to be written about in my book called “Life”.

The people I hold near and dear to me, the ones that were once boulders, causing tsunami’s in my mind and my heart, the ones I Love, will never leave my emotional being, my soul. Although they may not be by my side physically, they will always be in my heart. I hope you know who you are.

1 comment:

Eric Colon said...

the ripple effect..hmmm..they sometimes come or happen in a bad way, but when they come or touch you in a good way, it feels like a breath of fresh air. great passage. like it