Sunday, March 1, 2009

Love Lost

"Some believe lost love can't be reclaimed
In its wake it has left many hearts mamed
Months have past since we agreed to move on
Absence gave impressions feelings were gone
During this time I've scoured through my mind
Trying to figure out why true love I can't find
Can it be so elusive to evade me all these years
Or maybe I am on the run stricken with fears
If I ever saw it and glared right into its face
Would it be recognizeable, finally concluding this chase
What's baffling is that my answer is still unsure
Handed the world my audacity would plead for more
It's said only a fool looks a gift horse in the mouth
So clearly I'm the reason our love went south
You were placed too easily, undervalued your worth
An angel taking haven right here on earth
Posing too many questions was my greatest flaw
I should've embraced you and been left simply in awe
Do overs don't exist on this trip we call life
Best thing to do is to learn from the strife
Remember the narrative of the Great Wall
My hand is still reaching, I won't let you fall
Finally we have become authentic true friends
Took a few years but well worth it in the end"

Submitted by: Alain Paultre
al32magic@yahoo.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so true!

Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing how true it is..love it!

Anonymous said...

This is very true..