Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Rapture

This whole end of the world nonsense really got me thinking about my life today. At around 5:57pm before the “Rapture” was supposed to take place, someone asked me what my last wish would be if it were really going to happen. I told him that I didn’t really have a last wish because I thought I had lived a pretty well rounded, fulfilling and happy life. I have learned a great deal, traveled, impacted other people in what I believe to be a positive way and I have been loved and been in love. What more can I possibly ask for?

Then I thought about it for a little while longer and if it were the end of my life (at this point in my life), I would wonder....
Did I get to tell everyone what I really felt about them (good or bad)?
Did I show my family enough love and affection?
Did I miss out on an important aspect of life by not having started a family?
Do I regret not having pursued certain passions more strongly than others?
Should I have donated more, danced more, laughed more, loved more...or less?
Could I have forgiven you for all of the hurt and pain you (un)knowingly caused me?

Some other things also came to mind....
Would anyone even miss me if I wasn't around anymore?
If so, who?
Who would really, truly, deeply be affected emotionally if I were no longer here?

I may never know the answers to these questions, but at this point I do know that I will continue trying to be as positive as possible and giving of myself as much as I can without letting go of who I am and what makes me uniquely me.

4 comments:

Just Me said...

when i first head about this Rapture nothing else popped into my head but to love and be loved by a man since i havent been in love but i reliaze i have enough love soo what i am really asking for? do i really need to find my other half?? nice blog hi my name is Angie new to this blogsite

Free Hearts and Minds said...

Welcome Angie!! thank you so much for your comment. I hope you enjoy the rest of my postings.

I completely understand what you mean about wondering what it would be like to love and be loved by a man. I must admit that my experiences haven't all that great be cause sometimes you love and are not loved in return and sometimes you are loved but cannot force yourself to love that person which are both hurtful situations.

I am still a hopeless romantic in that I know one day I will love unconditionally and be loved in return with just as much dedication.

I believe that one of the most important things is making sure that you know and love yourself first. Your other half will appear when the time is right.

Blessings!
~Y

Anonymous said...

I love that I inspires you to write this ;) I am glad the world didn't end lol and I for one would miss you tremendously! You have been a huge positive impact on my life and I would be totally devastated if you weren't around even though we are thousands of miles away now. :(
Looove you!

Free Hearts and Minds said...

You are too funny homie. Thanks for reading. I'm glad the world didn't end as well! Yose and I have a huge wedding coming up that I am looking forward to decorating! lol xoxo's miss you amiga!!! Love you too!!