Monday, May 9, 2011

A Mother

5/8/11

A mother
A woman
A friend
A hero
A mentor
A huge support system
A light at the end of a dark tunnel
Someone to cling to when you are hurting
Someone to look to when your vision is cloudy
Someone who's smile can melt your heart, fix what is wrong and make you happy in just a moment
Someone that doesn't see your flaws, but will easily tell you when you're wrong
Someone that will not only fix your booboo when you are two, but when you are thirty, forty and til her very last breath
Someone that will not only give you advice, they will usually (always) be right too!
A breath of fresh air
A wealth of knowledge
A true warrior and survivor
One of the strongest people you will ever meet...physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually
One of the most caring beings on the planet
One of the greatest resources you can ever rely on
A reflection of who I am
A reflection of who I wish to become
A reflection of all that is positive and good
A friend
A woman
A mother

Anyone can have a baby, but only a real woman can become a mother.

These are mere words that only touch the surface of who a true mother is. The list is endless and rightfully so, as we could not be where we are today if it weren't for our mothers and all of the caring women in our lives because even those women in our lives that are not mothers are usually motherly, caring, motivating and guiding.
God bless all mothers, God bless all women today and every day of their lives. May they continue giving their gifts are freely as they do and may their love be reciprocated twenty times over.

My mother may never truly know how much she means to me, but the tears of joy that come to my eyes when I think of how wonderful she is are true, they come from my soul and I will continue trying to show her how amazing she is. I know I can be a pain in the butt sometimes so I thank you for being you and for always being there for me. I love you now and will love you always.
Happy Mother's Day

From my soul,
~Yomaris

No comments: