Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Someone to grow old with...

Sometimes I lie awake at night wondering what life would be like being by your side many moons from now.

Waking up in the middle of the night and turning towards you instead of a lonely pillow.

Feeling your warm breath on my forehead as you slowly breathe in and out of your nostrils with your arms wrapped around me and my ear pressed against your chest.

I will forever cherish the sound of your heartbeat in one ear and in the other, the sound of the wind rustling leaves outside, like the waves kissing the ocean shore.

I want to wake up and see the beautiful moon staring at us from afar, the very same moon that we used to look at when we walked on the cool sand many summer nights years ago. The very same moon that will be there years from now when we travel the world together, exploring, making new discoveries.

I wonder what life would be like to see your face change over time....to feel your skin age with the turbulent rollercoaster of life. All the while, my skin will age next to yours as our love continues to grow for one another.

I look forward to reminiscing on how things once were and looking towards how things will be, with you by my side.

Time, it's a magical thing. All of these fleeting moments are gone ever too quickly.

We must treasure every moment we have with one another for we never know when the other shall cease to exist.

I look forward to growing old with and experiencing life with you...whomever it is you are destined to be.

~a delirious, emotional moment in time....
Just woke up to a beautiful moon and was inspired. Going back to bed now...
written at 1:22am 6/30/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you hopeless romantic...

Free Hearts and Minds said...

I know :-/ I will keep the hope alive ;-)