Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why Don't You Love Me?

Beyonce cannot fail in my eyes! Her songs tell stories. Relevant stories. The video to Beyonce's song "Why Don't You Love" me is below.

It's sad but many women experience this sort of melt-down after a break-up. I actually remember experiencing this type of thing in the past. Thinking, asking, wondering "Why? How? Who does he think he is? I have everything he is looking for. and/or He's never going to find someone like me." Truth be told, at the end of the day, it does not even matter if he find someone like you or better than you or if he stays single or even becomes homosexual! It does not matter because you and he just were not meant to be and THAT is why it ended. No need for tears ladies! No one has died!

I have grown a lot since those days of sleepless nights and dark circles around my eyes. I am glad I have moved on to realizing my worth and understanding that although my path has changed, I will find a man that values all of those things Beyonce mentions in her song. No need to dwell on what could have been. Time to move forward ladies!

Why Don't You Love Me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE come in many forms... I love you, Yomaris!!

MMSGRN said...

I am glad you have found your peace ...Some days I feel I found my peace and have moved on and other days I catch myself wondering what if ... Beyonce is so powerful ... I can go on and on about her songs and the messages that they send from DIVA to Hello, to Halo to Flaws and All ... she sings about issues that support, empowers and helps young women and in my case gay men through some very hard issues ... LOVE ... Love ya girl ... Keep up the good work .. I am following ... Molike

Free Hearts and Minds said...

At the time of writing that I felt at peace and that I had completely moved on, but as with most matters of the heart, things continuously change :-( As I randomly go on dates and think about spending the rest of my life with someone and raising a healthy family with them, the harder it gets NOT to reminisce about what could have been.

I agree with you 100%, Beyonce does not cease to amaze me. I love all of her music. All of the songs you mentioned and many more continue to touch the deepest parts of my soul. I feel her music. I understand, appreciate and experience the lyrics.

Thanks for reading!!

@ Annhgiel..I love you too sweetheart! Miss you!!!