Wednesday, July 22, 2009

And Eat It Too...

By: Kyle A. Turner
E-mail: MisterTurner@gmail.com
Website: http://esteemed.blogspot.com


"I see her everyday
But it really shouldn't be a surprise
Still when she sits down
And she almost caught me looking
So I turn away
Trying not to stare
While the woman in my dreams
I still see her from this morning
Where there was an unmade bed
And the room smelled of love and sleep
But like a mystery she's here
In my thoughts
Intruding, welcome
While my baby like infant
But a lot older
Sits in her crib in my mind
Fighting for time
In the DMV line
But the one in my mind
Not where you sign the dotted line
For the privilege to hear transmission grind
And peel from the curb like orange rind
Where it sits on the pavement
But wheels don't spin enough to move me
Not far enough away
Like the last song I play
She stays in my head for the rest of the day
While the angel prepares a feast
Adding in special ingredients
Love and trust
I want it
But I want some of the other confection
As I watch a mocha colored drop of perfection
She offers me the fork for a taste
And the baker of my heart
Stands waiting for my chair
Sits playing with her hair
Her cake was always the most rare
With a cocoa center
Vanilla smile
The sweetest frosting in the middle
And I could never help dipping my finger in first
Before I dove in to get a mouthful
Of that chocolate middle
I take the fork
But not before I hear my stomach growl from within
And the artist of my soul's oven
Still stands with her back turned
Un knowing of the temptation in my vision
And why would I tell her
I still want it crave it
From her
For me
But if I want conflict
Can't sleep
And it's tough because
IN the end all I see is you
But she comes over too
And it wouldn't have mattered
Not what I did or said
When you let your cake burn
It never tastes the same
And she felt just that
And that's when resentment came
And the quality would suffer
And yes I noticed the change
Even preoccupied with another
Because my hearts in her kitchen
But a couple of levels down
She sat there too
And the path to the man's love muscle
Is paved with the food she makes
But that doesn't account for mistakes
And I can't help wanting both cakes
And if you think me greedy
Not obese in stature
Just in appetite
And I'm fully aware of the opposite of right
So I let her walk away
And tasted what I wanted anyway
Will you think me stupid
If I turn my back
On what's in front
For what's on the other side of temptation's door
I won't blame you
Because the plate is now bare
The kitchen is empty
And cold from when she turned off the oven
I retrace my steps
And so with regret
I put the fork down
And try my hardest to forget..."

No comments: